Monday, August 3, 2009

Luke "Mexajew" Lopez Top 10 Comic Con Moments


Posted by Luke

1. The twenty-five minutes of clips from James Cameron’s groundbreaking epic Avatar absolutely blew my mind. Believe the hype. It’s going to reign as king at the box office on December 18th and for many weeks after. I will be there; if you are wise you will too.

2. Yep, give me shit. Still, the Iron Man 2 panel was amazing! The buzz of the crowd, the wonderful trailer, clever jokes, and singing Happy Birthday to Jon Favreau’s eight-year- old son. Of course, Mr. Downey being Mr. Downey worked the crowd like no other. Man crush.

3. While they did not show clips, seeing Peter Jackson and James Cameron talk about the vision for and expectation of film in the future from Tintin to The Hobbit was remarkable. Their thoughtful ideas and the passion they display for their craft was so uplifting; it drives me to excel. OK, I am a bit corny, I know. By the way, Peter Jackson looks like a young Spielberg since he lost them sixty pounds filming King Kong.

4. Mila Kunis > Megan Fox.

5. Gary Oldman announcing that Christopher Nolan’s next Batman film will probably start filming at the end of the year. Warner Bros. didn’t like that. How about this, perhaps Johnny Depp and Philip Seymour Hoffman as the two villains? I’m sure you can guess which character each would play.

6. Denzel Washington’s comment during in a Q&A promoting his next sci-fic film, Book of Eli: after a hyped fanboy yelled, “you the man Denzel,” Mr. Washington replied like no other, saying “You my n---a.” Straight out of Training Day.

7. Simply Lost Panel was great – Last Season Summer 2010.

8. Seeing my baby-bro Shark Boy in the Twilight Sage: New Moon panel lighting up the stage. During the panel they showed a clip where he takes off his shirt and tells the crazy girls it’s “all for you.” It was like John Lennon but with no talent. However, I can probably say he is Vinny Chase and I’m just loser Drama.

9. Seeing tremendously sexy women dressed to perfection as iconic female Disney characters. I really preferred cute Snow White to foxy Jasmine. I LIKE!

10. Much needed bromance with Crazy Russian and Average Asian Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails